Our client on the outskirts of Newark are seeking a Trainee Underwriter to provide technical expertise on their warranty range of products which includes General Appliance Warranty, Motor Gap and associated products.
You will work closely with the Group Underwriting Officer to provide an expert, timely & efficient service to colleagues and partners.
* You will be expected to provide underwriting input to new and existing schemes, actively monitor scheme performance, implement rate reviews and be able to draft policy clauses and wordings.
* You must be able to deal with policy & underwriting queries and provide ad hoc reporting as required.
* A good working knowledge of GDPR, IDD, reserving practice and recent regulation is needed too.
The ideal Candidate:
* Has some experience in underwriting or warranty claims experience. (Essential)
* Strong candidates with insurance or claims experience would be considered.
* Happy to consider people with a variety of backgrounds in this area.
* Computer Literate with excellent Communication Skills
* Good Organisations Skills and ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
* Pro-active approach to work and great attention to detail.
You would be joining a friendly small team of 4 on a full time basis.
A competitive salary is available as well as the opportunity to work for a dynamic company with a pioneering outlook.
If you feel that you have the skills and experience required and the role sounds like it might be for you then please contact me by phone or email. You can reach me by phone on 01636 700373 or by email on email@example.com