We have a new opportunity for a Temporary Senior Collections Development Officer in the Lincoln area.
Working within the Lincolnshire Archives to manage, organise, catalogue, and care for the archive collections to ensure their preservation and to make best use of the material to promote the objectives of Lincolnshire Archives and the Heritage Service.
You will also assist the Collections Development Manager in making effective use of the organisation's historical assets with particular reference to the management and preservation of the archive collection; this includes assisting in developing and implementing digitisation strategies for the collections.
With a postgraduate diploma in Archive & Records Management (or equivalent), candidates should have:
• Knowledge of relevant archive accreditation standards
• Knowledge of relevant data protection and copyright regulations relating to heritage assets
• Good computer and technical literacy including experience with databases, digitisation projects and web projects
• Good communication and presentation skills
• Previous relevant experience in an archive role
• Experience of archive management
• Experience of cataloguing archive collections in digital databases
• Experience of making bids for external funding
• Experience of managing/supervising a team
You’ll be business minded with a track record of inspiring and leading people through change within an archive.
You’ll need to be a confident decision-maker, problem-solver and excellent communicator, able to formulate and convey your vision for the team's future and work within a changing environment.
You will also undertake the full range of archival work, from reading room supervision and answering enquiries, to preparing displays, cataloguing and supporting the transfer and accession of records.
Whilst you’ll have experts in their fields around you, an understanding of managing/supervising a team and in particular an archival team within a high profile Archives would be an advantage.
The ability to manage collaborative projects with a range of internal and external stakeholders will be critical.
If you would like to apply for this position, please forward your CV details or call Cameron Ford on 01833 848333.
You will be required to present proof of Identification and National Insurance along with 2yrs referencing details. These are council identifiers and will not be used as part of the selection process.