Our client is looking for a Legal Cashier to work within their Lincoln branch. Responsibilities include the day to day financial activities of the Hull, Lincoln and Louth area offices.
The Cashier will be responsible for:
• Supporting the Accounts Manager and the Finance Department in the provision of accurate and timely processing of financial transactions for the practice by providing competent and effective cashiering duties
• Assisting in the compliance of Solicitor’s Accounts Rules
• To undertake daily banking functions including bank reconciliations.
• The processing of client and office accounting transactions including postings and cheque production.
• The processing of client bills to include checking and posting
• Input and production of nominal cheque requests.
• Processing automatic and manual payment runs by BACS/TT and cheque.
• The processing of bank transfers.
• Assist in month end procedures.
• VAT administration and returns.
• Processing of travel and other expenses.
• Anti Money Laundering checks as required.
• Dealing with enquiries from fee earners and other staff members.
• Dealing with enquiries and payments from clients.
• The administration and reconciliation of petty cash.
• Ad hoc Financial Reporting.
• Minimum of 2 years legal cashier experience
• In depth knowledge of excel spreadsheets
• IT user skills
• Excellent keyboard skills
• Legal cashiering qualification
• Knowledge of the Solicitors Accounts rules
• GCSE in Maths at grade C or above or equivalent
• GCSE in English at grade C or above or equivalent
• Pays attention to detail
• Diligent and methodical work ethic
• Ability to work as part of a team
• A positive approach to working under pressure in a busy environment
To apply please forward your CV to email@example.com