Our client is a very well-respected general practice surveyors based close to Nottingham and are seeking to appoint a committed and enthusiastic Graduate to join their growing, dynamic team.
The firm focuses on valuation and land rights matters and has developed a specialism encompassing these skills in delivering consultancy work to utility companies and other corporate land owners. Working in often complicated areas of valuation and law has enabled members of the firm to become involved in expert witness work and other forms of dispute resolution. The practice also carries out residential and commercial valuations for local clients and plan preparation using geographical information systems.
The successful applicant will be required to assist the team in a variety of surveying jobs as well as in plan preparation using ArcGIS. There may even be the opportunity to take on some cases of their own. This is an excellent opportunity for anyone seeking to develop a career in surveying and to utilise their GIS skills. The company offers a competitive salary package, dependent on experience, along with comprehensive training and the opportunity to take early responsibility within the role.
To assist in the delivery of excellent services to clients, you will be:
• Carrying out research related to land ownership and sales for preparation of ownership schedules, valuations, expert opinions and planning applications;
• Preparing detailed plans using ArcGIS;
• Negotiating access to land for utility clients and subsequent damage claims;
• Assisting in valuations, including inspection, data collection and valuation analysis;
• Representing commercial clients in rent reviews, lease renewals and land acquisitions;
• Advising clients in land rights matters, such as easements, adverse possession and prescriptive rights;
• Coordinating and managing small projects, including preparation of client updates and reporting schedules.
You should have a 2:1 degree and experience of plan preparation, ideally in ArcGIS, along with an interest in developing a career in surveying and/or GIS. Given the nature of the work, the ideal candidate will have basic agricultural/rural knowledge. Excellent communication and IT skills are essential. You will need to own your own vehicle and have a UK driving licence.
We are already arranging interviews for the role so if you are interested, please call Cameron Ford straight away on 01476 567111 or send your CV to him at email@example.com.