Do you have a Phd or MSc in Plant Science and have knowledge of the Barley and Cereal industry then my Clients vacancy will be ideal for you
My Client is based in the North Side of Lincolnshire and are the market leaders within their field, with Farmers throughout the UK under their umbrella
I am seeking a Breeding Research Associate to manage the operational implementation of the barley program for the UK & other European markets. You will work closely with the Senior Breeder of the program and will be trained as a plant breeder.
Your main responsibility will be linked to operational aspects of the breeding program:
– Organize and implement the operational aspects of the breeding project: seed preparation, sowing, pollination, scoring, sampling for genotyping, harvesting, counter-season nurseries.
– Manage the Breeding Operational System, design nursery and field trials, input and analyse data results and interpret results for decision making.
– Manage assessment of lines, visit and scores trials and nurseries, collect and develop robust knowledge of the germplasm.
– Collaborate closely with other colleagues, including Marker Assisted Breeding Project Leader, to implementation of new breeding.
– Train as a plant breeder, contribute to the breeding strategy and assist the Senior Breeder in making breeding decisions.
In the context of our global field seed research organization you will be in closed contact with my Clients scientific community.
A PhD or MSc Degree in plant science, agriculture or other relevant subject with a strong understanding of genetics. You will probably already have experience of working in plant breeding project.
You should be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of molecular breeding technology and good analytical ability.
Knowledge of breeding barley, wheat or another agricultural crop would be an advantage.
A well-organized communicator, with good leadership and interpersonal skills
You will want to be a plant breeding team leader and to be involved in deploying new technology.
You will be meticulous in data handling and enjoy conducting complex analyses.
For this interesting and rarely offered position my Client is offering a good salary, subject to experience, if you have the required qualifications please send your CV or call Caroline 01522 848333, email@example.com
Closing date for the above role is 1st December 2017