The Accounts Assistant is responsible for undertaking the preparation of client accounts, management accounts, book keeping, VAT returns and other assignments as required.
1. The preparation of client accounts, up to final stage dependent on the complexity of the business, for approval/ signing off by their manager or partner (either at the office and/or at client premises)
2. Book keeping, VAT returns and management accounts (either at the office and/or at clients premises).
3. To review the work they are undertaking and refer to their manager/partner any tax compliance issues or opportunities for cross selling of other services within the group.
4. To develop and maintain a good working relationship with clients to gain their respect, and to know their own limitations in advising the client on accounting and tax matters.
5. To promptly report to their manager/partner any concerns which may affect the firm’s client relationship e.g. money laundering, unethical business practice.
1. Must be AAT qualified, in the final year of the AAT qualification or qualified by experience.
2. Must be able to prepare accounts to final stage.
3. Must be able and willing to travel to client’s premises to provide services onsite.
4. Must be able to demonstrate effective client inter-personal skills.
5. Must be able to actively manage own workloads and take responsibility for own development.
6. Must possess IT skills to operate in-house programmes and prepare and develop spreadsheets as necessary.
7. Must have experience of working in an accounting practice.
To apply for this role please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org