Our client is a leading manufacturer of Automated Packaging Machinery based just outside of Lincoln.
Reporting to the Assistant Accountant, an opportunity has arisen to join the small finance team and become part of an established, growing company. The role will be responsible for assisting the team to provide excellent service to the rest of the business and help improve and develop systems/procedures.
The main duties will include:
• Taking ownership of the purchase ledger, liaising with the purchasing department on queries and managing payments.
• Assisting with chasing invoices both from the services/parts area and project machine builds.
• Covering payroll for circa 50 employees (full training will be provided) and processing time sheets.
• Assisting with employee weekly expenses.
• Assisting with month end routines and reconciliations.
• Assisting with project revenue/cost reports.
• Cover for VAT submissions.
This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a growing company and gain experience in being involved in the introduction of a new ERP system.
Previous experience in a small finance team
Be an integral team member, willing to get involved in all areas of a finance function
Excellent, effective and responsive communication skills, both written and verbal
Attention to detail and accuracy
Manage own workload within required deadlines and working on own initiative
Proactive approach to improving systems/procedures
Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
22 Days Holiday rising to 23 after 2 years and thereafter increasing one per year, up to 25 days
Pension Scheme with current contributions of 4% Employer, 5% Employee